Relationships are the foundation of all we do. The research is clear: when a child feels safe, they are often able to take the necessary risks involved in learning. I would argue that a strong relationship with a child's home also supports the work that is done on behalf of the child. Each little thing we do either adds an emotional deposit into that relationship's bank account, or it withdraws from it. As we begin our journey together, I would love to learn how our dynamic learning community forms great relationships with our kids.
The start of the year represents a fresh opportunity to establish great relationships. As we learned in FISH, we have a chance to be there, make their day, choose our attitude, and have some fun--all of which are practices that support relationship building. Please take a second to reflect on what you do to intentionally build relationships with our learners and our families by filling out the survey. A name is not required as this is completely anonymous, but I may share out some of the ideas in a later blog post.

No comments:
Post a Comment