Wednesday, January 29, 2020

This is a good one!!


We will be offering an Assessment Capable Learner class, half of which will be in the summer, with an additional three meetings in the fall/winter.  This course aligns so well with the QUEST philosophy, and we will be able to build upon our solid foundation.   
SAVE THE DATE: Aug 11th, 12:30-4:00. See description below

Too many students are dependent on adults for their learning.  Imagine K-12 students that can articulate their learning in terms of these statements: "I know what I know, what I don't know and where I am going.  I have the tools I need for the journey and I monitor my own progress."
In this course you will
-  develop an understanding of the characteristics of ACL students
- recognize how the culture and practices in your room align to ACL culture and practices
- develop a repertoire of strategies to apply
 In order to receive compensation/credit (1 inservice, 15 hours TTR)
  • Complete 2.5 hours of assigned work PRIOR to the summer ½ day
  • Attend the ½ day on August 11th
  • Attend the 3 after school meetings scheduled for September-December
  • Apply learning and complete assignments between sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment