A few need-to-knows as we return:
- We will meet as a staff at 10:30 am on September 7th (or whenever we return from HS). Please join me in the auditorium.
- In the afternoon on the 7th, you will have one hour of time slotted for working on your Global Compliance Trainings. You are more than welcome to use other times, however, we are required this year to provide time and this is the time that we are providing. In addition, we will provide the first level meeting time as well.
- Just a reminder: drop-off will enter the building around 8:40, buses will be rolling in a few minutes after that this year (more like 8:45).
- Just a reminder: parent pickup will begin at 3:25. Please make sure kids are walking toward the auditorium at that time. K and bus duty will be 3:30, all others at 3:35.
- We have the Center for Youth working with us this year. Jason, our point person, will be working alongside Jason Cring in the computer lab. This room will serve as a restoration room where all behaviors and student behavioral supports will be provided. More to come in the future!
- We will have a school-wide assembly outside in the back on the first day of school. Nothing crazy, just a chance to all come together and to welcome back our learners. This is scheduled to begin at 10 am. It will be quick.
- Looking ahead, our Information Night will be virtual this year. This will be shared with parents in September. Conferences, however, will be in -person, but feel free to also allow parents a virtual option for a conference if they are not comfortable coming inside the building.
Back to school check-list:
- I have a copy of my roster(s).
- I signed up for any committee I'm interested in being on.
- I have emergency sub plans ready to go. In addition, I have included Emergency Procedures for my work space within those plans.
- I have a red and green card for evacuation drills.
- For classroom teachers: I'm aware of where my students will be eating lunch.
- I have viewed the schedules for bus duty and meetings found on the top of the blog, or HERE .
- I have submitted my schedule to the main office.
- Classroom teachers: I have my literacy profiles.
- My room is ready to roll--students are able to sit three feet apart.
- I have re-anchored into my why. I'm ready to make a difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment