Thursday, January 6, 2022

Weekly Update

Team, 

Weekly Need-to-Know: 

  • I will be out of the building on Friday, 1/7/22. Carol Saladzius, High School AP and QUEST parent, will be covering for me. Please make her feel right at home. 
  • In the event that you need to be out, the main office would respectfully ask that you submit for the sub as soon as you know you will be out. 
  • Next week, the staff meeting will become an independent study. The assignment for the staff meeting will be handed out Monday, and you will have until the end of the week to complete it. The reason for this is because of the current variant, and with all that many of us are dealing with at home, grace and flexibility needs to be displayed by me. 
  • Thanks for your help with the fire inspection. Mike is just about complete with all he needs. The Grinch did NOT steal Christmas after all! :) Thanks for your work with this as well, Mike. 
  • As we navigate these wild times, let's be the school that steps up to walk in the shoes of one another. When times are stressful, we have to dig deeper for this; kids deserve to see this, and we all deserve this level of grace. WE are QUEST.  


Chew on this: 

A poem that a colleague shared with me that I wanted to pass along. Give yourself grace. 

If I Could Live My Life Over Again
By Jorge Luis Borges

If I could live my life again.
Next time, I would try to make more mistakes.
I would not try to be so perfect, I would relax more.
I would be sillier than I have been.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would be less fastidious.
Accept more risks, I would take more trips,
Contemplate more evenings,
Climb more mountains, and swim more rivers…
I would go to more places where I have not been,
Eat more ice cream and fewer beans.
 
I would have more real problems and less imaginary ones.
I was one of those people who lived
sensibly and meticulously every minute of their life.
Of course I have had moments of happiness.
But if I could go back in time, I would try to
have good moments only,
and not waste precious time.
I was someone who never went
anywhere without a thermometer, a
hot water bag, an umbrella
and a parachute. If I could live again,
I would travel more frivolously.
 
If I could live again, I would begin
to walk barefoot at the beginning of the spring
and I would continue to do so until the end of autumn.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds,
I would contemplate more evenings and I would play
with more children.
If I could have another life ahead.


                           

Keep Learning: 

Click here to learn about math talk!


No comments:

Post a Comment