Team
Notices:
Walking around QUEST is magical, but this week I was trying to be respectful of my recent illness so I minimized my classroom visits. Even so, I was able to notice so much good happening at our school. This week, I was excited to see:
- Teams relying on one another regarding how to address a new goal setting process.
- Colleagues going out of their way to make a colleague who is leaving feel celebrated.
- Custodian staff doing some extra little details just to be supportive.
- A couple staff members going out of their way to help a child that dropped their lunch.
- Staff members still standing at their doors EVERY SINGLE MORNING, even in mid-October!
- A colleague jumping in to help out a colleague that is sick.
Joy and Gratitude
Man, was I bummed to miss Dennard! A few people shared his work with me, and I was excited to see that he touched upon gratitude! Gratitude can have life changing benefits, so much so that Brene Brown found that people who claim to have "joy" in their life ALL intentionally practice gratitude.
We all have a negative bias. This is nature's way of allowing us to keep safe, especially if we are being chased by one of those "tigers" that our ancestors faced or that we metaphorically face. How do you ensure you are allowing yourself the opportunity to have a grateful mindset?
Enjoy this quick watch.
CULTURE!
Culture belongs to all of us. I can work hard to be a supportive and positive leader, but at the end of the day we all have to own a piece. And we do. That is what makes QUEST such an incredible place for kids: the adults own the culture!
It is a joy to witness teams work together. The culture on a team is a part of the whole. Teams matter and good teams build good culture. Loving the collaboration I get to witness.
(sweet room, Mr. Booth!)
CIA
What: CIA--Warm Demander
When: 10/18/22 @ 7:50 am
Where: QUEST Cafe
Being a warm demander is an equity based approach that a professional takes to ensure students feel safe, empowered, and valued.
Seven Hour Workday
There is always some confusion around the seven hour workday, so just for clarification, the workday is 8:40-3:40 for QUEST.
FEAST
· We will be having
demos, the fire, and fried dough down at the creek. Use this to sign-up for a time to come down.
Times may change as we get closer. I will communicate
out those changes if they are made
· We will be cooking
this year!!!!!
o Foodservice is
going to cook the turkey
o Classes will be
cooking sides. GLOVES MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN HANDLING FOOD
§ I have the Quest
kitchen signed out and assigned your pole a cooking day. Sign-up if you need to use the
kitchen
§ Use this sign-up to make sure your food is being
reheated
§ I am asking for
each pole to have 1 parent and teacher as a point person in charge of
supervising the reheating of food. This will streamline the chain of
communication and help cut down on confusion in the kitchen on the day of the
Feast.
§ If you are cooking
in your room, you need to sign-up, make sure your crockpots have been
approved by Mike, AND you have touched base where you are plugging them
in. We need to make sure we aren't tripping any breakers when cooking
food.
o Kitchen
Reminders: This ISN’T YOUR kitchen. The rules below MUST be followed!
§ GLOVES,
GLOVES, and GLOVES need to be worn at ALL TIMES.
§ NO
CHILDREN ALLOWED IN KITCHEN
§ Clean
up after yourself
§ Make
sure you close the cooler/freezer doors
§ Make
sure to turn off any equipment that was used
· PTSO will be providing cutlery and plates and
dessert for kids.
o PTSO paper product sign-up
o Kids WILL NEED to provide their own water
bottle/reusable cup
· The following spaces have been reserved for
serving/eating on11/18
o Cafeteria: Equator
o Gym: South Pole

No comments:
Post a Comment