Thursday, November 9, 2023

Week of 11/6/23

 Something Personal 

Factors of Happiness (thanks to the lead learner who passed this along to me!) 

This infograph titled “8 Factors of Happiness” is worthy of revisiting whenever you notice discomfort. I’ve found the quickest way to dispel unhappiness is to ask myself introspective questions to find the source. Based on these 8 factors of happiness, I would ask myself: 

  • Am I feeling suspicion and resentment? 
  • Am I living in the past (or in the future)? 
  • Am I wasting time and energy fighting conditions I can’t change? 
  • Am I isolating myself or withdrawing from the world? 
  • Am I indulging in self-pity? 
  • Am I expecting too much of myself? 

I then continue the line of questioning to gain more self-awareness or I pivot to an easy gratitude practice, like listing 10 things that make me happy on my fingers. This usually gets me out of my head and back to the present moment, as well as in alignment with the values and experiences that make me happy. — CD




Something Professional 


Feast: lunch and plan. Click on the link if you are a classroom teacher. 

Click here to sign up for a plan and duty free lunch for FEAST!

Week of Feast reminders
There are a lot of moving parts next week. I ask for flexibility and understanding if things change or shift from what was planned. Everyone is doing their best and juggling a lot. Time to show why QUEST is the best school around!
◦ We have people in new roles or new to QUEST this year. Feast pros look out for the newbie’s. Lastly, if you don’t know,ask someone. This isn’t the time or place to go rouge.
◦ We are guests in the kitchen. Leave it cleaner than you found it. Rules are different in this kitchen than your kitchen at home. Make sure you are extra kinda and friendly to the kitchen staff.
◦ Make sure you are using gloves at all times when handling food.
◦ Food should never be left out unattended or on the floor.
◦ Make sure you fill out Google docs in email sent by me. This is what is going to be used to create schedule for reheating food and when we will need to use the kitchen
◦ Bre created an ingredient and allergen card to put in front of EACH dish. I will email them out and Bre printed out copies and put them in the office. Allergy kids should be first through the lines. This will help cut down on cross contamination. Please remind servers of this and looking for allergy stickers.
◦ Pole point parents will coordinate with Lyza day of Feast for getting things out of coolers and food when it is ready. This is to prevent too many cooks in the kitchen.
Lastly, thank you for your cooperation! This is the 29th QUEST Feast, let’s make it the best yet!!



November 14

There will be no specials on November 14th. This is considered a consultation day. Please follow the previously shared schedule for the 21st.


Reminder for Classroom Teachers:

Classroom teacher assessments need to be in eDoctrina by the end of the day on Monday, November 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment