Thursday, June 20, 2024

FINAL POST!

 Something Personal

Team, 

I'm writing as a dad, not as a principal, and a dad who is going through all the emotions of seeing your daughter grow up so fast (as my oldest transitions to MW). 

Since the moment my girls came to QUEST, Ashley and I have been absolutely amazed with how selfless, thoughtful, communicative, and collaborative this school has been. There's a genuine feel of care for our students--all of them--and it really comes through as a parent. Thank you so much for the little details you each put into your work. My children have absolutely benefited in ways that extend well beyond a test score. 

My daughters have been incredibly lucky to be part of this learning community. Thank you!

Derek 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team,

I'm writing as a principal now! 

What an amazing year. We went through so much together: high highs and low lows, changes, growth, incredible student-centered moments...and our school continues to be strong. Thank you so much for going above and beyond in your work, aligning with our values, and doing what is necessary to ensure our students are taken great care of. It takes all of us!

As you shift into summer mode, I challenge you to completely shut it down. When you are working to reach a professional why that is as important as we each have, the need for rest and recharge is essential. Take this place out of your mind and enjoy every moment with those you love. 

Thank you for your professionalism, hard work, and collaboration. I'm lucky to get to work alongside each of you, and I'm most proud of the great year we just had. 

Yours in education, 

Derek 


Something Professional 

Retirement Bus...

End of Year Celebration


Staff Development

This video highlights the options as well as the changes summarized in this document.  It will be posted on the SDAC website and the options will be communicated in September.  


No comments:

Post a Comment