Thursday, March 29, 2018

Break

Team,

No RtI nugget this week; no new learning. Please accept this post as a simple reminder to take great care of you. Education is a profession of feast and famine in that we go through seasons of crazy busy and those of rejuvenation. Being an educator requires a ton of emotional intelligence as you manage the day-to-day stresses of life in a school. It is not easy--the turnover in education is high.

This break, I challenge you to unplug, stay off work email, put your bag away and don't touch it, and allow yourself to be mindfully present with those you love. Take time to exercise, drink water-or wine, sleep in, laugh with your friends and family...just sharpen the saw.

As we shift toward the last 1/3 of the year, I hope you realize how much I appreciate each of you. I'm beyond lucky to call QUEST my home and to be surrounded by such passionate, caring human beings. Thanks for all you do. Enjoy a well deserved break!


No comments:

Post a Comment