As teachers we often live in silos we call our classroom and rarely get to speak with teachers outside our immediate wing. When teachers are able to share and collaborate with each other it is proven to improve instruction. The big problem always seems to be time and how you can gather large groups of people at the same time without impacting instruction.
Last year I came up with an idea I would like to try at QUEST. The idea is simple, yet could have a profound effect on connecting people. What I am suggesting is that each teacher pick up a small poster board in the main office that says “Ask me how I use these apps” Then see Jason Cring in the computer lab and request a sticker from one or more of the apps you use in class and place the sticker on the poster board. The poster board should be displayed outside your classroom. As you walk down the hall you will instantly know who you can go to for support with apps; and possibly get some new ideas for apps The stickers will also act as a “badge” in which to remind you of the tech skills you have gained.
Here's an example:
Stickers I currently have available:
- Socrative
- Epic!
- Spark Video
- Kami
- Edpuzzle
- Insert Learning
- Quizlet
- GoFormative
- Brainpop
- Peardeck
- Castle Learning
- FlipGrid
No comments:
Post a Comment