Team,
My workshop the past two days was all about building great teams, and they provided me with quite a bit of strategies that work to run good meetings. What I liked about the strategies is that you can also use them in the classroom. I am going to share some each week on the blog for the next month, and I would encourage you to try it at a team meeting OR give it a shot with your kids.
Strategy: I'm in
What is it? Ever go to a meeting and find that people are physically there but not there emotionally or mentally? Meaning, people in the group are carrying the load of a tough morning, an issue with a student, or something from home with them? This strategy simply says everyone gets 30 seconds to be vulnerable with the group, dump what they need to dump, and then state I'M IN. You literally go around the circle and share, or just say I'm in. When you say I am in, what you are saying is that nothing else matters except for my time with you. I am here...with you...I am mindful...right now. You are saying to your group that the work we are doing together, is the work I'm all about for this moment in time. I'm in!
Consider starting your meetings with everyone going around and saying "I'm in!"
No comments:
Post a Comment